Plumbing issues are an inevitable part of homeownership. While some issues come with normal wear and tear on your plumbing equipment or aging fixtures, other problems might be caused by how specific systems are maintained and used.
At Jamerson Plumbing Services, we have fixed and seen all kinds of plumbing issues—both small and big! Here is a look into some of the most common problems our professional plumbers deal with and what typically causes them:
Dripping Water Faucets
Dripping water faucets are costly, wasteful, and annoying! These drips sometimes may be caused by worn-out O rings or washers, which easily can be replaced. In other instances, corrosion or improper water faucet installation may be the issue that is causing the drip.
Leaking pipes may be caused by all types of issues, including:
- Excessive water pressure
- Cracked pipes or cracked seals
- Damage to the pipe joints
- Corrosion of the pipes
- Incorrect laying of pipes
- Stubborn clogs
No matter what is causing leaking pipes, this plumbing issue must be fixed quickly! The longer leaking pipes go untreated, the more damage they’ll cause—both to your home and your plumbing system!
Running toilets are able to waste up to 200 gallons a day! In most instances, the factors causing running toilets include:
- Corroded toilet handles
- Incorrectly sized flapper chains
- Worn flush valves or flapper seals
- Refill tube issues
Weak Water Pressure
Low water pressure may make it difficult to use virtually any plumbing in the house! Weak water pressure is usually a symptom of more major plumbing issues, such as:
- Sewer lines that are blocked or cracked
- Sewer clogs or drain clogs
- Hidden household leaks
- Corrosion of pipes
Leaky Hose Bibb
A leaky hose bibb is common in the summer and spring. After a cold, long winter, hose bibbs that are not protected will crack and start leaking. The team at Jamerson Plumbing Services recommends that our customers buy a frost-proof hose bibb that may decrease the odds of having leaks in the future.
Clogged or Slow Drains
Drainage issues may cause health hazards and plumbing disasters if they aren’t addressed in a timely manner! Generally:
- One clogged or slow drain in a household typically means that an issue is localized to that space of the house. Usually, those drain clogs occur because soap, hair, and other types of foreign objects have accumulated in the drain over a period of time. Regular drain cleaning may be the best option for addressing this problem!
- Multiple clogged or slow drains are a warning sign that you might be experiencing problems with your sewer line. In order to prevent a backup of sewage in your house, it is important that contact Jamerson Plumbing Services once you see multiple slow drains in the house—particularly if the issue begins with the drains located in the lowest regions of your house!
If you are experiencing any plumbing issues at your Southport NC home and you’re looking for help, do not hesitate to call Jamerson Plumbing Services at 910-880-0681 for same-day service at no additional charge!